John Paul Spillane, CPA
Growing up in a small town in Pennsylvania, John’s desire to become a CPA started in high school. He has been a CPA for over (30) years, and never changed careers in his life. John studied accounting and taxes at the university while working part time doing tax returns. He has a passion for taxes and accounting. He also loves helping people. He believes that accounting is a personal service business.
John started his business career with the largest and best CPA firms in the world, Arthur Andersen & Company. It was there that he audited and worked with some of the largest publicly traded companies in the world. In addition, John has been the Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, and Controller for several public and private companies. He also managed smaller regional CPA firms that introduced him to many small businesses.
John opened his own practice in 1987 in Wellington, Florida with the idea of working with newer small businesses in the heart of Central Palm Beach County helping them grow and succeed in their business.
In addition to his accounting degrees and being a licensed Certified Public Accountant in Florida, John holds several security and insurance licenses, as well as being a registered investment advisor.
John has lectured and taught several accounting, tax, business planning, and record keeping classes at local universities in the past. He is an active member of the American and Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
John is a member of the local Rotary Club, past president of the Kiwanis Club, Director and Past Chairman of the Palms West Chamber of Commerce, treasurer of a local church, as well as serving as a director on various other corporate and non-profit boards.
John is married with two grown children and several grandchildren.
George A. Zahul CPA
Throughout his career, George has been actively involved in developing and implementing financial business strategies that enable companies to prosper and grow. With over 35 years of accounting experience, he has an active role in developing tax strategies for a variety of clients and provides comprehensive tax and business consulting services to a variety of small and middle market companies and professional service organizations.
- Instrumental in expanding financial and business consulting service offerings to include, HR consulting, change leadership and marketing communications services, as well as growing the delivery of industry-specific service lines
- Works with private, closely-held companies and professional service organizations with a major emphasis on restructuring and growth
- Assists in profit enhancement and wealth preservation strategies, taking the lead role in the sale, merger, or acquisition of a business, creating strategies to help troubled companies increase earnings and profits, crisis management strategies, preparing and implementing plans to prevent and identify fraud, and performing succession planning and estate planning services
- Provides comprehensive tax, accounting, and business consulting services to a variety of companies and professional service organizations
- Specializes in creating innovative tax strategies to help companies increase profits, preserve wealth and achieve short and long term goals
- Advises companies on the sale, merger or acquisition of a business
- Prepares business forecasts and projections and assists in mergers and acquisition planning and transaction negotiations
- Assists and represents clients in cases involving Internal Revenue Service scrutiny
- Works exclusively with privately held businesses
- Specialized in providing tax, accounting, and business consulting services to companies in a variety of industries
- Helps businesses maximize profitability and productivity while minimizing taxes
- Practices before the IRS, managing tax audits and penalty abatement requests
- Licensed CPA in the state of Michigan and Florida
- Before he founded George A. Zahul CPA PC in 1983, George started his career in public accounting with Local CPA firms in Michigan
- B.S.A. in Business Administration, University of Michigan